Agents of Change in Old-industrial Regions in Europe is an international joint research project funded by the Volkswagen Foundation a 925.200 Euro grant through the period of 36 months (January 2019 – December 2021). The project is coordinated by the Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography in Leipzig, Germany. A research consortium includes the following project partners:
- Dr Nadir Kinossian (PL), Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography (Germany);
- Dr Markus Grillitsch, Lund University (Sweden);
- Dr Vladan Hruška, Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem (Czechia);
- Dr Erika Nagy, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Hungary);
- Prof Kevin Morgan, Cardiff University (UK)
Each project partner institution will appoint an Early State Researcher (ESR) to conduct his or her research project contributing to the overall goals of the Agents of Change project. Successful candidate employed in all project partner institutions are expected to become an engaged member of the joint research project and to conduct research activities according to the regulations of the host institution and the Volkswagen Foundation.
Each ESR will be responsible for the following tasks:
- To work on two selected national cases, including data collection through different techniques (e.g. interviews with key actors), data analysis, and presentation of the results. ESR’s project will contribute to the overall aims and the scientific output of the joint research project.
- To take a share of responsibility in the preparation of project workshops, conferences, and outreach activities and to participate in project events according to the schedule;
- To contribute to project dissemination activities through academic and policy publications and conference presentations,
Calls for applications of project member institutions are available below.